Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Blondie Goes to 4-H Practice

I can't get enough of this dog!  I LOVE her coloring, which of course, explains why I kept Calvin (our Golden colored Cavachon)!



 
I have always loved the color of a Golden Retriever!  I saw a picture once of a Golden Australian Shepard.  After doing tons of research and talking to a couple of Australian Shepard breeders, I discovered that making golden ones was risky, because it was very close to making the ones with white faces, which can often be deaf or blind.  I don't know all the genetic details, but basically, Golden Aussies were flukes, and people didn't try to make them.  So I had to give up on my dream of getting a Golden Australian Shepard.



 
Of course, there is always the Golden Retriever, but we had one of those once, and she was way too needy for us, needed too much attention, and we ended up finding her a lovely home where she lived a long and happy life.
 
So in my hunt to find a Golden Dog, I was delighted when Cavachons came out that color, although it does not happen very often.  We've been breeding Cavachons for almost 5 years now, and we have produced 4 of them, total.  I guess this post maybe should be titled "Why I Love Golden Cavachons", so I'll get back to my original intent of this post (but I will post pictures of our Calvin soon!).





 
"Blondie", as we have affectionately been calling her, went with us to 4-H practice on Monday.  She was well loved by everyone, and was a very good girl, sat under the bleachers while I watched, and even took a little nap.  She smiled for the camera, and looked oh so goldeny blond in these photos of her in the evening sunshine!!  Everything was going perfectly, until...





 
...Rico decided that he wanted to play! 





 
That is when Blondie decided to take cover between my legs.  She did not like Rico, AT ALL.  She barked at him, growled at him, and though he thought it was all great fun, I think she was somewhat terrified of this gigantic, black puppy dog!


 
She did finally decide that she would sniff him a bit, but I think she's going to need some big dog socialization before she feels comfortable around them.  Rico did want to play, play, play, so maybe that was just a bit much for Blondie.  She loved playing with Calvin, but he is not even twice her size. 



 
Overall, we had a great time at 4-H practice!!






 
Isn't she pretty?!!





 
Her chest is white, her ears are apricot, and her body is blond. 



 
Such a sweet and precious girl!  I know she is going to make her new family very happy!
 
 
 
 

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: