Sunday, June 19, 2011

Airport Trip and Puppies Going Home

The airport is almost the last leg of the trip.  At least, it's the last leg of my part of the trip!  Here are 2 of the 3 puppies that went home this past weekend.  "Luke", the larger Cavachon male finally found a new home in the Bay Area, and the other puppy, way back in her crate, was heading to Vacaville.  They both flew into Sacramento last Friday and both have arrived safely.

 
The puppy below flew to Detroit, and actually left first, at an early 7:30 in the morning.  This required me to have her to the airport by 5:30 a.m., so we stayed in a nearby hotel.  It's too much on everyone, puppies included, to get up at 3:30a.m. and drive to the airport the same morning.  We live 85 miles from the airport, and it takes a full hour and fourty-five minutes to get there, on non icy roads!
 
Before I headed to the airport with the first puppy, I went ahead and let Luke be with the smaller pup in the hotel bathroom.  I left them together while I took the first pup to the airport.  When I got back, Luke had crawled into that tiny little crate WITH the other puppy, and they were both in there, cozy together, happy as a couple of bosom buddies!  I had to drag him out of there, and put him back into his own crate when it was finally time for them to have their turn at the airport!


 
I remember the very first time I left a pupy at the airport.  I felt like a parent abandoning her child.  It was terrible, and I cried as I left.  There is something so lonely looking about the crate sitting there with nobody beside it.  I'm a lot better now.  I know that awaiting the puppy on the other end is a family, that often, has anticipated and dreamed about this day and moment for several weeks, if not several months.  I know the puppies are going to their forever homes, so airport day is a happy one, and the beginning of a whole new life for the puppy!
 
 

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment